Motivational Speaker/Ice Breakers
The Motivational Speaker and icebreaker role is an important role. It gives new applicants an opportunity to hear about your experiences as a CYF trainee and encourages them to work on the course material.
Timings: 30 mins total
- 15 minute icebreakers
- 5 (ish) min presentation
- 5 min Q & A
What are the objectives of an icebreaker?
- Allow everyone a chance to introduce themselves
- Allow everyone a chance to speak
- Allow the group to learn something about what they have in common
What is the objective of the motivational talk?
- Share your experience
- Encourage trainees to pursue a CYF course
- Empathise with trainees who are in the same position you were before the course
A presentation isn't obligatory but can help pace your presentation and keep the audience engaged.